Wednesday, May 20, 2009

May 19

Nothing much exciting happened to me at work this last week. I got the 14th off for Memorial Day holiday. On the 15th, I was told to be out at the range for my remedial training at 1pm. When I showed up, it wasn't remedial, it was just a make up day. I called my Sgt. He told me to go to the station and see if they could put me to work. So, for most of the afternoon I rode with a 1st shifter. Then I was on my own from 5pm till 11pm. It was weird to cover all 4 shifts. Then on Saturday, I didn't do much. I volunteered to sit at the desk in the station because I wasn't feeling very good. Then Sunday I was pretty sick so I didn't get to work.

Last Tuesday, for Paige's birthday, we were going to take her horseback riding, but it was wet and rainy that day. So, we rescheduled for yesterday. We were all excited. We all bought cowboy hats. Paige got a brown horse named Sam. I got a white horse name Jesus. Justin got another brown horse named Howard. We went on a 1 hr "prairie ride". Which was basically 2 miles down a dirt road, then a few circles in a pasture. It was fun though. I think Justin and I are both glad we just did the one hour ride. Here are a few pictures. To see all of them go to My Picture link.

2 comments:

FAPORT International said...

Hey! cool pictures...
and a really nice post...thanks for sharing such a great moment.

Anonymous said...

I know you all had fun....paula