Thursday, August 26, 2010

August 25-Day 3 – 2010 Vacation

08252010-06 Today we mostly stuck around town.  We walked into town this morning for breakfast. Then we walked around the Town Square and did some shopping.  We came back to the cabin and relaxed for a while before heading out to get lunch. We found the Snake River Bar and Grill.  The restaurant is connected to a liquor store.  We walked into the liquor store and saw that the doors to the restaurant were open.  We walked in and it appeared to be under construction, but there was another group in there.  They said they opened for them, so we might as well stay too.  We did get served...eventually!!  Our waiter was also our cook, the bartender and most likely the dishwasher.  After we got our food I asked him what time they actually opened and he said 4pm.  We got there at about 2:30.  It was real nice of them to serve us while they were closed.  Then we went grocery shopping. At one time, in the busy grocery store, Justin thought it was appropriate to pick me up, put me over his shoulder and spank my butt.

08252010-10 Tonight we went to a chuck wagon dinner at the Bar T 5 Ranch. We met up at the ranch.  We got the story of the history of the ranch.  Then  we loaded up in a covered wagon with all the blue hairs and headed up the mountain.  We were pulled by two female Draft horses named Dixie and Ginger. While en route, we were accosted by a trapper named “Buckskin”.  Then we were attacked by two Indians.  They rode by us so fast I couldn’t even get a picture. When we arrived at the dinner site, we were fed roast beef, chicken, and corn on the cob from a Dutch oven.  I was dumb enough to forget to take my jacket up, so I was freezing my ass off by dinner time.

08252010-35 After dinner, and some awesome Blondie brownies, we were entertained with a cowboy music/comedy show.  It actually was funny and the singers were great.  Justin was even chosen as one of the volunteers.  He got to get up with a group of kids to help with “She’ll be coming around the mountain”.  They put a very small red cowboy hat on his head.  It had a Sheriff badge on it and they told him he was the Sheriff. When it came to his part he had to say “hello ladies”. It was hilarious.  It was nice to go somewhere where there was wholesome family fun.  Made me forget for a minute that there were gang bangers with guns and husbands beating their wives.  It was refreshing.08252010-18

Tomorrow morning, Justin and I are going back up the the Cache Creek area (the area that we had the chuck wagon dinner) and doing some trail running.  Then at 1pm we have our 2-man duckie trip.  I have been uploading all the photos daily on my photo website.  If you go to my blog and click the Photos link under my favorites, you can see all the photos.

No comments: