Saturday, February 28, 2009

First week of final phase

Well, I've had 10 weeks of pretty much routine stuff. Nothing too crazy. I think I was saving it up for this week. I know it's hard to believe but I can't actually remember what I did the first few days. I know it was very nice out. I worked a couple of crazy accidents. It seems like nothing I roll up on can be routine. Then, Thurs night at approximately 2:30 a.m. (I get off at 3 am.) I was headed out out east because the Sgt. said he had a car going eastbound in the westbound lanes. I was northbound on Woodlawn coming up to Kellogg when I saw a car at a high rate of speed make the u-turn from WB Kellogg to EB Kellogg. So, I started to follow it. It ran the stop sign on Kellogg drive. Then I got behind it at Rock road where it ran the light there. The whole time I'm praying that this guy is not drunk. So, I lit him up and he kept going. It wasn't some crazy high speed chase. Our speeds were less than 25mph. He took the road that curves around behind the shopping center there. Then he pulled over a bailed.

My FTO got out first and started chasing him. Then after I got our car parked I jumped out. As I was taking off to help my FTO, I saw back up lights on the other car. Then I heard a crunch. So, I went back to where my FTO was and he had him tazered. I jumped the fence faster than I ever though I could. I jumped on him and put him in cuffs.

Then I found out that he might be the vehicle in another Hit and Run that other officers were working. So, a good night. We got a bad guy. I didn't get out of the station till 7 a.m.

I have 3 more days of FTO. My FTO has Friday off so my end of phase will be Thursday. Not sure what they are gong to do with me Friday. I'll probably ride as a 2 officer unit. Then, Saturday I'm on my own. I was given 4th shift (9pm-7am) with Mon-Tues-Wed off. I've been told I have 37 beat which goes from Oliver to Webb, Kellogg to Central. It shouldn't bee too bad on 4th shift since the stores at the mall will be closed down.

Justin and I are still doing really well. We just had our 6 month anniversary. He filled out some paperwork to be put on the lease here. He's letting me get a cat once I get out of FTO and have a regular schedule. Since Justin doesn't want the kitty litter in his bathroom, we are fixing up the spare bedroom for the kitty. Since Samson seems to like to eat kitty litter and its contents I have decided to elevate the kitty's litter box. So, I am gonna go to the DAV and try to find a table.

That's all for now. I'll blog more after my final phase and after my first few days on my own. This week I'll work Tues-Fri on 3rd for final phase. Since our pay period starts on Saturday, that is my first day of my new schedule. So, I'll also work Sat and Sun. on 4th shift. So, six days in a row. That should be fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey lady...I am proud of you! And now on your own. You will be awesome, I know. And you are so lucky to have hooked up with such a great guy.....paula