Thursday, March 12, 2009

On my own

As of March 7th, I have been out of training and on my own. My final week of FTO wasn't too crazy. I only road with my training officer 2 days. My official end of phase was Thursday March 5. On Friday, I road with a traffic officer and got Lydar certified.
Saturday, March 7th I was on my own. Just a reminder I am working 4th (9pm - 7 am) with Mon, Tues, Wed off. My first night they wanted both us rookies to ride on our own. However, when Marks and I went out to find a car we had a little trouble. The car I got in, an Impala, had to be jumped. The car Marks got in, the computer didn't work. Those were the only cars left on the lot. Marks was headed to CMF to find a car that might have had repairs completed, when someone who was already there told the Sgt. there weren't any. So, Sgt. decided to pair Marks and I up. However, when I went to log us on the computer, it wouldn't work. "Help Desk" was useless. We took another computer from a downed vehicle and were on our way. It was a pretty slow night. Most of the calls were pretty routine. The only thing that sucked was when they sent us on 2 officer calls, we were the only ones there. There were no senior officers to ask questions to.

Then, Sunday I was finally on my own. It was another slow night. I did a club check with a couple other officers and they ended up finding a crap load of cocaine on some people. I helped transport to jail. That was the most exciting thing all night. I got so desperate for entertainment that I wrote a parking ticket. Don't park left wheels to curb on my beat.

Then, I had Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off. As a reward for finishing my training I got a cat. He's a cute little pain in the butt. He pretty much lies around all the time. He is very affectionate and talks...alot. We named him Baxter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baxter is so cute...paula