Saturday, July 19, 2008

End of week 2

Well, this week wasn't nearly as exciting as last week. This week was mostly classroom stuff. We learned about ethics, dealing with special populations (mental illness and elderly), Office of Central Inspection (housing codes), Kansas Incident Based Reporting System (KIBRS) (basically the foundation for all our reports), Field Notes, and Professional Standards (previously known as IA). I welcomed the 2 days we had of PT. I will spend all of my weekend finishing up reading our Policy and Regulations Manual. Then we have a test on Tues. that I also have to study for. The academy is definitely tough and I am mentally exhausted. I pretty much go to class all day and study, do homework, and polish my shoes every night. Next week looks like more of the same. We get a little reprieve from the classroom in a couple weeks because we have a few days of defensive tactics and handcuffing. Maybe I'll have some nice bruises to take pictures of.

No comments: