Saturday, July 26, 2008

End of Week 3

Well, it was another boring week of sitting in a classroom for 8 hours straight listening to lectures and viewing power point presentations. By Friday, my brain was fried. We did have a test on Tuesday covering week 1 & 2 stuff. I got a 92%. We have another test this Tuesday. This week we learned about Cultural Awareness, Fingerprinting (I suck at pulling prints), ID of Suspects, Larceny, Tittle 11 (city traffic ordinances), Crisis Negotiations, Felony Assault, Intro to Community Policing, Problem Solving, Arson, ICAC (Internet Crimes Against Children), Infectious Disease, and Crimes in Progress. Luckily, Friday afternoon we got some PT time. We did a 30 min Plyometrics workout and started with some defensive tactics basics. The type of martial arts we are learning is called SYSTEMA. It is a form of Russian martial arts used in the Russian Special Forces. The other girl in my class that is closest to my build and physical ability is like some black belt in martial arts. We got to spend some time hitting some hand pad things. I look forward to next week when we get to do a lot more stuff out of the class room.

No comments: