Sunday, October 26, 2008

End of Weeks 15 & 16

Week 15 - Monday we did the pepper spray. Tuesday we had Officer Survival. We got to hear a lot about line of duty deaths and watch a lot of very scary videos of officer assaults. Wednesday we covered Interview and Interrogation. Thursday we had our 7th test. I don't remember how I scored. Then we covered Building Search lecture. Then the rest of the week we learned about Domestic Violence.

Week 16 - Monday we had night fire qualifications. We learned how to shoot in low light and no light conditions. We also learned to shoot with while using our flashlights. I qualified on my 2nd try. My instructor says I have focus issues. Then Tuesday I was up on the 6th floor with investigations. I got to sit with the Larceny group. Wednesday, we had the class I had been dreading since day one...ground fighting. We learned the basics of Brazilian Jujitsu. After we learned some stuff we got to fight the instructors for a while. I got punched a lot in the ribs and I took a few shots to the face. Then by the end of the day we were fighting each other. By the end of the day, I ended up actually liking it. I kind of got over the issues I had with being so physically close to other people. Thursday we had our 8th test. I got an 86%. Then we covered Pedestrian Stops and Prisoner Transport. We each got to handcuff someone and shove them in the back of a police car. I don't know if you have ever been in the back of a police car, but there is no room back there. Then on Friday, we had our Traffic Stop lecture.

This next week should be pretty eventful. On Monday and Tuesday I'll be at the KS Coliseum doing our traffic stop practicals. I hear they take all the bad things that can happen and put us thru those scenarios. Then on Wednesday we do our building search practical. On Thursday we do our Domestic Violence practicals. Then on Friday, Halloween, we get to do a ride along. I am riding south side, 3rd shift (5 p.m - 1 a.m.). It should be an interesting week.

Then on Saturday, November 1st, I am playing in the Newton volleyball tournament.

No comments: