Sunday, October 5, 2008

End of Week 12 & 13

Week 12 we had another week of classroom junk. We did have our 6th test on Monday. I got a 98%. Monday we learned about booking into the SG Co jail. K-9 was in. I really enjoyed when the dog destroyed a cabinet with wood doors looking for the bag of marijuana they put in there. Then we went over Civil Process Serving. Tues. we had our CSI group in. Wed. we had narcotic and controlled substance. We did a controlled burn of Marijuana. That stuff is nasty smelling. We also learned about Surveillance and Informants. Thurs. the CSI unit was back in. We also covered traffic enforcement and traffic control. We got to go down the street and do traffic control at an intersection. Luckily we have a lot of people in class and I didn't have to get out there. We also covered Alarm Ordinances, Crime Stoppers, and Clandestine Labs. Friday we also covered Civil Liabilities, Forensic Computers, and Alcohol Beverage and Control. Then on Saturday, a few of us from the academy ran in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I actually ran the whole 5K without stopping. I finished it in 35 min. I was glad to have my new boyfriend Justin running with me. If he weren't there, I probably would have walked a lot more. Then on Sunday, I volunteered for the WPD Show and Shine Car Show. I was there for a few hours in the morning to help set up.

Week 13 got pretty interesting. On Monday and Tuesday we did Standard Field Sobriety Testing. For those of you who didn't see channel 12 news on Monday, we had a bunch of volunteers come in and get drunk for us. Then we did a battery of field sobriety test on them. On Wednesday, we actually got certified. We also covered driving while under the influence of drugs. Then on Thurs., we did handgun retention. Then, Thursday after work we played a little flag football. It was WPD vs the Sheriff's Office. It was a lot of fun, but in the end, they ended up beating us. On Friday we covered Legal Aspects of Emergency Vehicle Operations and Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics. This was the classroom course for the stuff we get to do this coming week. Monday and Tuesday I will be up in Hutchinson at the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Center for Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC). This is another Pass/Fail class. I have to finish the obstacle course on Friday in under 3 minutes. I'll try to blog next weekend so I can let everyone know how this week went.

No comments: