Monday, April 7, 2008

Ride-a-longs, surgery, oral boards...oh my!!

Well, the last few weeks for me have been pretty crazy. I am in the process of moving. Actually, I'll be out of my old apartment by tomorrow. I have moved in with Andy. He lived in the same apartment complex so I didn't move far. This last weekend I went on another ride-along. This time I rode out west with one of Andy's buddies from the academy. It was very interesting. I know that area so well since I grew up on the west side. It felt very comfortable. However, I did run into a few people I know. That may be the hardest thing about working out west. If I get thru the WPD academy, I think my first choice will be the west side substation. Not that what I want really matters. I think they may take it into consideration.

I have my surgery Wed. of this week. I scheduled it for a day that Andy has off so he will be around. His mom, who is a nurse, is also taking that day off for me. I'm sure everything will go OK. I'll keep you all posted.

I got a call today from the Det. at the Law Enforcement Training Center. We scheduled my Oral Board interview for Monday, April 14th at 2:45 p.m. Hopefully I won't still have to be too doped up. I am sure I'll be functioning fine by then. She said she really wanted to get me into this oral board because they are probably not going to be doing too many more before the July class, and she wanted to make sure I got in in time to be considered for the July class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you that everything is finally falling into place.

T