Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I finally made it!!

After one year and a huge emotional roller coaster, I finally completed my last obstacle in the process for WPD. Today, I ran my cooper run (1.5 miles in 14 min) for the 4th time. We were able to run indoors on a flat surface with climate control. We have been running outside with 90% humidity and a few hills. My first run, I didn't really finish. The second try I got it in 15:25. The 3rd time I did it in 14:20. Today I did it in 13:35. I was able to shave almost a minute off of all my times. They told us when we were done that there were 11 people hoping that we wouldn't complete the run today because if we didn't, they would get a shot. I am so proud of myself. I have never worked this hard for anything in my life. It has been the most emotional experience of my life. Now it is completed and I can move forward with my goal. I have orientation on Friday. Then the class starts July 7th. It is a 22 week class. There are 27 people in the class. I will blog regularly on all the cool stuff we do on a weekly basis. So, if you are interested, keep checking back at least weekly.

So, I would just like to thank everyone for their support. You have all gone out of your way to think about me and help me thru this grueling process. I know the next 22 weeks are going to be tough and I'll still need everyone's support to get thru it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!!! I am so proud of you, you finally made it!!! Only 12 more days til class starts. I will definitely feel protected when I am out with you AND Andy :).

Love ya
T

Anonymous said...

That's great Trina, I knew you could do it. Can I play with the siren ?
Love ya Dean & Lethia