Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Boot Camp

Talk about an ass whoopin! I had my first boot camp session last night. It was a real kick in the pants. I was fine until we jogged down to the park down the street in 90 degree weather. From there we did a battery of push-ups, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, a couple different kinds of push ups. It would have been real awesome if I had been able to breath. I had to stop half way thru and find some shade. I was able to continue doing some stuff while I was in the shade. I really love the workouts; I just have trouble completing them because of my asthma. I have added a link on my blog. This is to my training log. I log all my training…running, volleyball, boot camp, mountain biking. If you click workouts and view a certain boot camp entry, you can see the exact work out. The boot camp that I use posts the workouts daily on their blog so I just copy them to my training log when I log the activity. So, if you care, its all there. Anyway, I really love this boot camp thing. I would recommend it to anyone. The instructors are really great and they actually do care. I had one by my side thru the whole workout just in case I had some kind of attack (which I won’t have, but they have to cover their asses). Tonight’s workout is more like the stuff we did in college to train for VB. Check out the boot camp website at www.getfitwichita.com. I’ll keep you posted on my weekly performance.

No comments: