Monday, May 19, 2008

Busy past few days

This weekend was pretty eventful. On Saturday, I played with Cherie on her family team at Watson Park. We played rec. We ended up doing pretty well. We played 3 different 3 team pools. So, basically we got 12 games in. They went off points to decide how everyone was seated for the tournament that was on Sunday. Our team ended up getting 13th with an 11-1 record. I guess there were a few undefeated teams and he said the difference between 7th and 15th were decimal points. Our team, however, decided not to show up on Sunday to finish out the tournament. Cherie and I decided to play sand doubles on Sunday. We always play together in the grass so we figured it would just be a matter of adjusting to the sand. We did pretty well. There were 5 teams and we all were in one pool. So we got to play everyone once. We ended up splitting with every team. So our record was 4-4. We ended up getting 4th. They decided that the 5th and 4th place teams would play a best 2 out of 3 match to see who goes on. After we lost the first game, we decided to give up for the day. Most of the teams that played on Sunday, didn't play 12 games the day before. We were wore out. Mom and dad came out and mom took some pictures.

Also, Saturday night a few of my friends decided to get together and go down to the fireworks. We fought the throngs of people and found us a nice little spot on the east bank. It was right in front of the speaker, which meant we definitely didn't miss any part of the music to the fireworks. Thanks BOB for blowing out my ear drums. We parked pretty far away so we didn't have to deal with any traffic. Here are a few pics from my cell phone. Not that great of quality, but I thought my blog needed to be spiced up with some pics.

Then this morning I had my psychological exam for the WPD. I was pretty wiped after this weekend, so getting up early to do this test really sucked. I had a bunch of stuff to write out...a biographical info sheet. Basically, the same stuff I've already told them. Then I had a 300+ True/False test. Then I had another 575+ question True/False test. All in that Iowa basic Skills test bubble answer sheet. I swear, if I get asked about the voices in my head one more time, I'm gonna go postal. =) Tomorrow morning I have my physical exam. Thankfully it is at 10:30 a.m. so I will have some time to sleep in. I am taking tomorrow off work too because I won't be able to even get 4 hours in with the physical scheduled the way it is. Hopefully I can use my afternoon to do something productive since I haven't been home much.

No comments: