Monday, May 12, 2008

First Weekend of RiverFest

I had a pretty eventful weekend. Friday night I went to a Tastefully Simple party at one of my friend’s house. Nothing better than going to a party just for the free food. Then Saturday, I ran in my first River Run for the River Festival. I started the race with Cherie, Rachel, and about five thousand other runners. After the first turn, I had to let Cherie and Rachel go on. I haven’t really done much since a few weeks before my surgery in April. So, needless to say, I was a bit out of shape. I finished the 2-mile race in about 23 minutes. Then, that afternoon, I went out to Goddard to watch Nathan’s baseball scrimmage. He only had 4 kids from his team actually show up, so everyone in the family got to play. Dad, Austin, and I all played outfield. Rebecca caught for a few innings while Nathan pitched. Willie played short stop and mom got to be the first base coach. I got one at bat. I swung real good at the first ball….that small ball is hard to transition to after years of softballs. I did get a hit, but it went straight to the pitcher and I got thrown out at first. However, I did advance a runner, so we will call it a sacrifice. We had a huge front come thru and we decided to end the game because of the dust bowl. Then we went back to Rebecca’s for our Mother’s Day BBQ. On Sunday, I had a volleyball double header. We went 3-0 in our first match and 0-3 in our second. I wasn’t really moving so well because my muscles were very sore from my run on Saturday.

May is always a very busy month for me. This week we are having dinner with Andy’s mom on Tues. for Mother’s Day. She had to work this last Sunday. Then on Thursday is my birthday, so we are having dinner with my parents and Andy’s mom and brother at my favorite restaurant, Sal’s. Then Saturday I was coerced into playing on my friend Cherie’s family team for coed sand volleyball. However, I made her play doubles with me on Sunday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first picture you can't see the great coverage I had behind you :). And the 2nd I was admiring your great blocking form.

Anonymous said...

LOL....guess that first comment doesn't give my name....Love ya Trina..

T

Anonymous said...

LOL....guess that first comment doesn't give my name....Love ya Trina..

T