Monday, December 12, 2011

December 10, 2011 – Day 7

Well, I spent 1.5 hrs today writing day 5 and 6’s blog.  I figured out where the old people hang out during the day.  The lounge I chose that had a hot spot at mostly old folks playing cards and scrapbooking.  Then I ran around the boat trying to get all my errands ran.  I hit the photo area to try to pick out my photos from the trip.  After speaking to 2 less than helpful employee’s that didn’t speak very good English, I decided to meet the gang for lunch. 

IMG_0510 After lunch, we went to the final showing of the ice rink show.  It was pretty good.  The rink was much smaller than I expected.  I don’t know how they got up enough speed to do any of the jumps.  There were quite a few spills due to the fact that we had 10ft seas and the boat was rolling pretty good.

After the ice show, we went back to the photo area.  This time I had back up and between the 3 of us, we figured out the best packages.  I purchased 4 8x10 photos and got a free leather portfolio with a picture of the boat on the front.  The portfolio only holds 2 photos so I’ll have to frame the other two.

By then, I realized it was already 4:30pm and it was time to get ready for dinner.  After my shower, I realized that I wasn’t going to have much free time between activities tonight to pack.  So, I ran around packing up all my stuff.  I had brought an empty bag to fill with all my souvenirs.  All the rest of my bags were stuffed.

IMG_0512 It was the last night in the main hall for dinner.  Shawn, Shara, and I all went to have dinner.  The rest of the gang decided to show up for dinner to say good bye to our wait staff.  Then they went to Johnny Rockets for dinner. We got most of the group in a group photo with our wait staff.

After dinner was the final farewell show.  We had another comedian.  Then the singers and dancers performed.  Then they had a large group of the staff parade in and get up on stage.

After the show, I went back to my room to finish my packing and get my luggage outside into the hall.  As I was taking my stuff out to the hall, I had been keeping my foot in the door, since I didn’t have my key on me.  At one point, I guess I forgot why I was keeping my foot there, and locked myself out.  Luckily, the room service lady was walking down the hall and was able to get me back into my room.

IMG_0524 I met up with everyone at the Lotus lounge for the last night of karaoke.  I got to say good bye to my favorite waiter, Florentine.  He was always there with a nice strong drink whenever I wanted one.  To the right is a picture of me and Melissa at karaoke. After karaoke, we went back to the main theater for the late night comedy show.  The comedian was pretty funny, but that also could have been because of the lager sized crown and coke my other favorite waitress brought me that was mostly crown.

IMG_0527 The boat was pretty dead after the show. We went to the Dragon’s Lair where DJ Jorge was  rocking out some techno.  Me and Pattie were the only ones dancing. So we decided to see where the party was on the boat.  We found it at the Champagne bar where it was Salsa night.  It was pretty lively so Pattie, Shawn and I sat and watched everyone dance.  They shut that band down so we had to find a new place to hang out.  We decided to hit the Promenade Cafe to get some pizza and cookies.  The three of us sat around chatting till about 2am. Then we decided to hit the sack.

No comments: