Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December 6 – Day 3 At Sea

Today was a pretty uneventful day.  I was able to get my internet access working.  At $.55/min, I was able to get online and upload all my photos and blogs in just under 30 min.  I am hoping next time won’t take as long. 

I spent the morning laying around the top deck getting some sun. Well, I got a little sun, but since we are right on top of the equator, I decided to spray SPF 50 all over, regularly.  They had a belly flop contest at the pool. I had pretty good seats overlooking the pool.  I eventually got bored and decided to have lunch.

IMG_0122 After lunch, it was back up to the top deck.  More cancer causing rays.  The weather has been beautiful.  My favorite waiter, Florentine (who I now believe might be stalking me) tracked me down for some more Miami Vices. Here is my view from my spot on the deck.  It probably got up to 80 degrees. Only somewhat humid and windy.

We all got dressed up for another yummy dinner.  I had the surf and turf.  I had to have help figuring out how to get the tails off my shrimp.  I don’t really like shrimp that much, but they were really good.  I also had a lasagna.  It was all right.  It wasn’t cheesy enough for me.  Then I finished it up with banana cream pie.IMG_0128

After dinner, we wondered around a little bit.  Sara, Ericka and I got cheesy photos taken by a professional photographer.  They will be so cute. The evening show was the staff singers and dancers.  It was very entertaining to us, but not so much to the old lady sitting next to Nick.  I think she was snoring.  There was no karaoke tonight, but we hit the Lotus Lounge for some “Battle of the Sexes”.  Sara and Melissa (our new friend from community corrections) got to do one of the physical challenges.  They each had to blow up a balloon and pop it using another female at the other end of the stage.  IMG_0138 Then Tim and Shawn go up and were given a key chain.  Then they were told they had to stick the keychain between their butt cheeks and carry the keychain to the end of the dance floor and drop it in a cup.  I have a lovely picture of their expressions after they were told this.  Luckily for Tim, the first lady that went got it in, so only Shawn had to attempt it.

Then it was off to bed early, like midnight.  We are docking in Roatan, Honduras in the morning.  We don’t have any excursion planned here so we are just going to wing it.  We’ll probably do some shopping in the AM and hit the beach in the afternoon for some more cancer causing rays.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Looking very pretty