Saturday, December 10, 2011

December 9, 2011 – Day 6 Cozumel, Mexico

Today we got to sleep in a little, thankfully.  I got up around 8am and we met for breakfast around 8:45am.  We got off the ship and started looking around the shopping areas.  We found a cab and got a ride to downtown where there were even more shops.  The weather was cloudy and a little cool.

IMG_0421 We had the taxi driver drop us off at the farthest end of the main strip.  There were so many shops I knew this would be an all day event. It was mostly cloudy and rained off and on all day.  It seemed like every time we were in a shop, it would stop raining. Then when we decided to walk outside and go to the next shop, it would rain.  Nick decided to get a tattoo, so we tracked him down and watched that for a little bit.  Then we ate at Fat Tuesday’s.  IMG_0429The food was nothing to write home about, so I won’t.  Then, more shopping.  We hit Senior Frogs and got some of their big drinks.  Then we hit their souvenir shop.  They had some pretty good sales, so I picked up some shirts.  While we were in this store, it was pouring down rain. We wondered around the mall that Senior Frogs is in for a while.  Once the rain was more manageable, we found a cab and headed back to the terminal.  As Erica, Scott, and I were headed back to the terminal, we saw Nick along side the road, so we picked him up.  We had gotten separated from Tim and Sara, but figured we find them at the boat.  We were standing in the area where customs controlled entry to the terminal, and Sara and Tim showed up, but they had lost their camera bag that had their Seapass cards in it.  Luckily they had their passports, but it still wasn’t easy for them to get back in the terminal.  A few more check points later, and we were all on board.

IMG_0455 It was another formal dinner night.  I got to wear my favorite dress.  We got lots of photos taken.  Tonight was the last night for photos. I was even getting more comfortable taking photos by myself. After dinner and photos, we went to the show.  The group, the Unexpected Boys, were singing.  It was a tribute to Johnny Vallen (or something like that).  They were a quartet group that sung that guys songs.  The were a lot of fun, and it didn’t hurt that they were all pretty cute.  We hooked up with Melissa and her group at the show.

After the show, we all went to the “Quest” game in Studio B, which is the Ice Rink.  The was the most hilarious game all week on the ship.  Our group team captains were Melissa and Scott.  The announcer would ask for an item from the audience and our captains had to retrieve it and take it to him.  He asked for the female captain to bring him a piece of fresh fruit.  People from our team began throwing fruit at Melissa.  IMG_0477 They asked for a man wearing women's lipstick.  I had my lip gloss, so I applied it to Scott’s lips and he ran up to Paul Rudd (the host) with his lips all puckered.  He asked for anyone with a piercing other than in the ears.  I was sitting on the 2nd row so I hurdled the front row and the railing, grabbed the number, and went up and showed Paul my belly button ring.  I knew it would be useful someday. They asked for 3 pairs of men’s pants. The guys in our group began to take their pants off.  Then they asked for a pair of socks with a hole in it.  Melissa’s husband, John, took his sock off and she bit at it to cause a hole.  Then Paul came over to our group and told her that a sock has a hole in it and that’s the only way to get it on.  It was so funny.  Then, the last challenge to to have our male captain, Scott, take his shirt off and put on a women’s bra, shoes, earrings, lip stick and a purse.  We were able to find all those things and dress Scott up.  Our group did not end up winning, but it was the best time.

We ended the night at the Dragon’s Lair with some dance music.  I got to bed around 1am.  I slept in till about 9:30 this morning.  Today is going to be a lazy day just trying to get everything finalized.  There are lots of sales on the boat.  I’ve got to find all the pictures I want to purchase. I will probably start packing before dinner.  Melissa’s group has asked me to be on their dodge ball team for the guest vs. staff game at 2pm.

1 comment:

Paula said...

The game sounded hilarious!